The Fisheries sector is recognized as one of the pillars of development at international and European level. The extent of its contribution to sustainable development, economic growth and food security, however, highly depends on the knowledge, skills, and competences of fishers. Within this framework, a nine-partner Consortium from Greece, Turkey, Malta, Ireland and Spain was formed utilizing individual and collective expertise. Based on identified needs, the project “Enriching Fishers' Knowledge, Skills and Competences” [SeaofSkills] funded through the Erasmus+ Programme, has developed education and training material for small-scale fishers. The aim was to reinforce the quality and attractiveness of fishers’ training, while addressing existing needs and requirements within the fisheries and the vocational education and training sectors.
A Quality Partnership
Nine organisations from five countries, namely, Greece, Turkey, Malta, Spain and Ireland formulated the project idea and established the SeaofSkills Consortium. Four principles supported the formation of this Partnership: Expertise, Experience, Geographical Coverage and Vision. More
Through the implementation of the SeaofSkills project, the network among all types of relevant stakeholders and at different levels, namely, local, national, European, and international level was further strengthened having as a basis the nine-partner SeaofSkills Consortium.
- SeaofSkills Multiplier Event in Chios, July 7th, 2017
- SeaofSkills Learning/Teaching/Training Activities at Izmir, 3 – 7 May 2017
- SeaofSkills multiplier event organized by the Ege University at the Binbir Gida Conference hall, Faculty of Fisheries
- SeaofSkills multiplier event held at the Cottonera Resource Centre
- Presentation of SeaofSkills at the BlueMed conference, 19 April 2017
- Presentation of SeaofSkills at HCMR Event, 29 March 2017
- Snapshots of the SeaofSkills Multiplier Event in Barcelona, 30th November 2016
- SeaofSkills Networking, November 2016
- SeaofSkills Multiplier Event in Barcelona, 30th November 2016
- Presentation of the SeaofSkills Internal Management Processes at IKY’s Conference, Athens, 10 November 2016
- SeaofSkills on facebook, July 2016
- Presentation of SeaofSkills at IKY’s Conference, April 5th 2016