The Fisheries is recognized as one of the pillars of development at International and European level. The extent of its contribution to sustainable development, economic growth and food security, however, highly depends on the knowledge, skills and competences of fishers. Within this framework, a nine-partner Consortium from Greece, Turkey, Malta, Ireland and Spain is formed utilizing individual and collective expertise. Based on identified needs, the project “Enriching Fishers' Knowledge, Skills and Competences” [SeaofSkills] funded through the Erasmus+ Programme, is working on developing an education and training material for small-scale fishers. The aim is to reinforce the quality and attractiveness of fishers’ training, while addressing existing needs and requirements within the fisheries and the vocational education and training sectors.
A Quality Partnership
Nine organisations from five countries, namely, Greece, Turkey, Malta, Spain and Ireland formulated the project idea and established the SeaofSkills Consortium. Four principles underlie the formation of this Partnership: Expertise, Experience, Geographical Coverage and Vision. More
Through the implementation of the SeaofSkills project, it is expected that the network among all types of relevant stakeholders and at different levels, namely, local, national, european and international level will be further strengthened having as a basis the nine-partner SeaofSkills Consortium.
- SeaofSkills multiplier event organized by the Ege University at the Binbir Gida Conference hall, Faculty of Fisheries
- SeaofSkills multiplier event held at the Cottonera Resource Centre
- Presentation of SeaofSkills at the BlueMed conference, 19 April 2017
- Presentation of SeaofSkills at HCMR Event, 29 March 2017
- Snapshots of the SeaofSkills Multiplier Event in Barcelona, 30th November 2016
- SeaofSkills Networking, November 2016
- SeaofSkills Multiplier Event in Barcelona, 30th November 2016
- Presentation of the SeaofSkills Internal Management Processes at IKY’s Conference, Athens, 10 November 2016
- SeaofSkills on facebook, July 2016
- Presentation of SeaofSkills at IKY’s Conference, April 5th 2016
- Mid-term transnational project meeting, Malta, February 24th – 25th 2016
- The SeaofSkills training material is under development, December 2015