Four principles underlie the formation of the SeaofSkills Consortium:
The principles are specified through the following axes:
– Expertise on the identified cognitive areas covering the fisheries and the Continuing Vocational Education and Training sectors.
– Track record on implementing activities through which scientific knowledge is applied in practice and positively impact stakeholders.
– Relevance to the subject matter of the project and competence to undertake the activities required for the implementation of the project.
– Experience and quality of work in conducting EU funded and/or nationally funded projects.
– Identified skills and competences in European Qualifications Framework (EQF). Ethical competences are, also, taken into serious consideration.
– Geographical coverage by creating a virtual arrow starting from Turkey and Greece, going through Malta, Spain and ending up in Spain, where systems are different but with the same interests, those of social wellbeing and prosperity, as well as development and economic growth.
– The level of closeness to the target groups identified and subsequently map their needs, while engaging them and assure the sustainability of the project’s outcomes.
– Willingness to contribute beyond the scope of the project towards bringing sustainable impact to relevant stakeholders and community at local, national, regional and European level.